- Place a large, heavy bottom pan over medium heat and add 2 Tbsp olive oil; once oil is hot, add mushrooms and a pinch of salt and pepper and sauté until golden-brown; remove mushrooms from pan and set aside.
- Into same pan, add 2 Tbsp butter, 2 Tbsp olive oil, leeks, and a small pinch of salt and pepper; sauté for about 10 minutes, or until caramelized and golden-brown.
- Add garlic and stir to combine; once garlic becomes aromatic, add rice and sauté for about one minute in order to toast the rice a bit.
- Add wine and stir to combine, allowing the wine to reduce down until almost gone; add in a couple of ladles of heated chicken stock and stir; reduce heat to medium-low.
- Stir frequently until rice has absorbed most of the stock; add another ladle or two of heated chicken stock and stir, repeating the process until rice becomes tender and creamy, about 24-28 minutes (most or all of the stock will be gone by the end).
- Turn off heat and add in ¾ c Parmesan cheese and one Tbsp butter, stirring to incorporate and melt; add sautéed mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes and bacon, and fold in parsley and thyme.
- Serve immediately while creamy and hot, and garnish with remaining Parmesan cheese.