- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, more to taste
- 1/4 c olive oil, divided
- kosher salt
- 1 1/2 lbs small red potatoes (about 15), halved, quartered if large
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6oz) fillets fresh halibut, skin removed
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch kale, thick stems removed, leaves torn into bite-sized pieces (about 12 cups worth)
Halibut with Spicy Lemon-Thyme Vinaigrette Recipe
Prep Time: 5-10 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- For the vinaigrette, in a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, thyme, red pepper flakes, 2 Tbsp olive oil, and 1/4 tsp salt; set aside.
- Add one inch of water to a large pot and fit it with a steamer basket. Bring to a simmer over high heat. Place potatoes in steamer basket, cover and steam until very tender, 15-18 minutes.
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season fish on both sides with salt and black pepper. Cook until opaque throughout, 3-5 minutes per side.
- Heat remainder of olive oil in a separate large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and cook until tender, stirring occasionally for 2-4 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup water and as much kale as will fit into the skillet and cook, tossing frequently, adding more kale when there is room, until tender, 6-8 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
Plate halibut with potatoes and kale; drizzle with vinaigrette.
This content was brought to you by Southwest Wine Guide. If you enjoyed this post, please share it!
Heads up: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something through one of those links, you won’t pay a penny more, but we may receive a small commission which helps us to keep drinking more wine. Cheers!