Decadent Bleu Cheese Burger recipe courtesy of AvinoDos Wines via The California Wine Club.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 1/4 lb ground bacon
- 3/4 lb ground brisket or lean beef
- olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 8 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 c button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 oz Point Reyes original blue cheese
- 4 English muffins
- Roughly mix ground bacon and brisket and, using a scale, break into four 4-oz balls; line a circular lid with plastic wrap and press patties out (you can do this by hand however the patties will not be as uniform).
- Over low-medium heat, add olive oil to skillet and bring up to temp (check by flicking water into pan - if it sizzles it's ready). Add onions and garlic, stirring occasionally until onions are translucent and garlic is aromatic; add mushrooms and cook for about 20 minutes, until mixture is caramelized.
- In a separate pan heated to medium, add patties and sear both sides; add bleu cheese to tops and warm until slightly melted.
- Put English muffins in toaster oven for 5-6 minutes until warm and crispy. Assemble burgers with desired toppings and serve immediately.
Wines to Pair: This burger will pair nicely with AvinoDos Wines Oak Knoll District Napa Valley Malbec.
Heads up: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something through one of those links, you won’t pay a penny more, but we may receive a small commission which helps us to keep drinking more wine. Cheers!
This content was brought to you by Southwest Wine Guide. If you enjoyed this post, please share it!