On a cool night or after a hectic day, wind down with this hearty Beef Bourguignon recipe. The wine is reduced leaving rich broth and flavorful beef. Serve with warm French bread.
1. Heat oil in large saucepan.
2. Season steak with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer to bowl and set aside.
3. Add the mushrooms and onions to the pan and cook until the liquid has evaporated.
4. Add wine and simmer until reduced by half, 5 minutes or so.
5. Stir in the soup and water and bring to boil.
6. Add the steak and the juices from the bowl and simmer 2 minutes.
7. Divide into servings and use a garnish such as parsley.
Here are some great looking bowls for serving!
Wines to Pair: Horse Heaven Hills Lemberger (Red Wine) has dark berry and cherry notes with black pepper on the finish.
Contributed by Fairwinds Winery via The California Wine Club.
Heads up: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something through one of those links, you won’t pay a penny more, but we may receive a small commission which helps us to keep drinking more wine. Cheers!
This content was brought to you by Southwest Wine Guide. If you enjoyed this post, please share it!